Dove Award-winning recording artist Solveig Leithaug is hesitant to admit that she is an internationally loved singer-songwriter and masterful guitar player. In fact, her decades of phenomenal success is not the result of a desire to “get ahead” but simply an outpouring of support from people across the globe who have connected with her music and her heart. Her gentle-yet-powerful gift for writing and communicating a song catches listeners by surprise and invites them into the joys and challenges that have refined her artistically and spiritually.
With fifteen solo recordings, including her newest release Time (spring 2017), and three best-selling children’s CD’s to her credit, Solveig consistently breaks new ground with each release. Her music is a brilliant blend of heart and art, fitting for a wide variety of events and venues of all sizes.
She performs around 30-40 concerts per year, and tours frequently in her native Norway. Her repertoire ranges from original songs that mirror her life and faith, to her own arrangements of traditional Scandinavian folksongs and classic hymns. Solveig has performed in over twenty nations, from Parliament functions, national and international conferences to cathedrals, prisons, jazz-cafes and outdoor festivals. She is featured on the Billboard chart-topping Gaither Homecoming Series with her live performances of her original song “Everything Has Its Season” on Women of Homecoming, Volume 1 (DVD and CD), and the classic “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms” on How Great Thou Art (DVD and CD) from The Grand Ole Opry. Millions have watched her perform on Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) TV-programs over the years.
Award-winning songwriter Gloria Gaither comments on Solveig’s music: “Listening to Solveig singing is like the pure vibrations of an innocent soul. She bypasses our cynical scar tissue and stylistic prejudices and goes–like the laughter of a child–straight to the heart.”
An ordained minister since 1994, Solveig is a commentary writer for Thomas Nelson’s Women of Destiny Bible and contributed devotionals for Thomas Nelson’s 2012 Gaither Homecoming Bible. She currently serves as a founding board member for Compassion International in their Nordic region.
Summarizing her goal as an artist, Solveig states: “Whether performing with a band, full orchestra and choir, or alone with my guitar, my prayer has always been that my music will be an artistic bridge of hope, connecting the listener to their Creator.”
In addition to her roles as an actively touring artist, and songwriter, Solveig is first a wife to Jim, a mom and a stepmom. Her family resides near Nashville, Tennessee.
▪ 1985 Askepott (Storm Production) Produced by Svein Gundersen/ Finn Pedersen,
▪ 1986 In the World (DaySpring, WORD) Duet Larry Norman. Produced by Gundersen/ Pedersen/ Cam Floria
▪ 1988 Lys i eit vindu (God Musikk) Produced by Wayne Watson/ Martin Alfsen
▪ 1988 First Step (DaySpring, WORD) Duet Wayne Watson. Produced by Wayne Watson
▪ 1993 Mi stjerne (Master Music) (Best Of)
▪ 1994 Vindens veg (Master Music) Produced by Tore W. Aas
▪ 1995 Min båt er så liten (Children’s CD/DVD) (LynorAS) Produced by Terje Kleppe
▪ 1995 The Way of the Wind (Simple Saints Music) Produced by Tore W. Aas
▪ 1996 Hvem er jungelenskonge? (Children’s CD) (LynorAS) Produced by Terje Kleppe
▪ 1998 Deilig er den himmel blå (Children’s CD/DVD) (LynorAS) Produced by Jon Kleveland
▪ 2000 Surrender (Simple Saints Music) Produced by John Lawry/ Bill Ancira
▪ 2004 Tilbe Deg (Mudi) Produced by Tore W. Aas
▪ 2006 Fagert er landet (Mudi) Produced by Stein Austrud
▪ 2006 Worship You (Authentic Records, London) Produced by Tore W. Aas
▪ 2008 Julefred (Mudi) Produced by Steve Hindalong
▪ 2009 Christmas Peace (Kingsway) Produced by Steve Hindalong
▪ 2012 Klassikere (Mudi) ("Best Of" Boxed Set)
▪ 2014 Finding Home (Apple Cake Records) Produced by Steve Hindalong
▪ 2017 Time (Apple Cake Records) Produced by Steve Hindalong
Gaither Homecoming Artist
▪ Featured original song “Everything Has Its Season” on Women of Homecoming, Volume 1 (DVD/CD) (2013).
▪ Featured song “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms” as Solveig Henderson on How Great Thou Art (DVD/CD) (2007) from Grand Ole’ Opry – Nashville, TN.
▪ Contributor to Gaither’s Homecoming Magazine since 2010.
▪ Published short stories in Gaither Homecoming Bible (Thomas Nelson Publishing, 2012), A Homecoming Christmas (2011), and Gloria Gaither’s Homecoming Cookbook (2010).
▪ Finding Home CD made available through Gaither Music’s catalogue and online store.
• Silver Telly Award and Angel Award for the music video All the Way to Heaven (Worship You, 2008)
• Gospel Music Association’s Dove Award International Artist of the Year (1986)
• Artist of the Year i Music Magazine Treff, Norway (1985)
• Three Gold Records: Min båt er så liten, Hvem er jungelens konge? (children’s CDs) and Oslo Gospel Choir’s Live!