Internationally loved indie artist and award-winning musical veteran, Solveig Leithaug, crafts songs that seamlessly blend breathtaking beauty with unflinching honesty. Giving voice to the marginalized and solace for the hurting, she artfully addresses the world’s most pressing issues with hopeful perspective. Her signature vocals - both gentle and powerful – and mastery on guitar bring fresh perspective to complex topics ranging from domestic violence, to Alzheimer’s, to poverty and polarization to name just a few.
Solveig’s 2017 album, Time, is her fifteenth solo recording and has been called the greatest work of her multi-decade career. Timely and laden with hope, Time is a masterful culmination of Solveig’s seasoned spiritual journey, her eclectic musical expertise, and compassionate insight.
She has been considered a CCM artist since she was in her teens; however, the freshness and authenticity of her latest works launch her into another echelon with far broader appeal. Iconic collaborators, whose fingerprints are deeply carved between the lines of all eleven songs, include the album’s producer, Steve Hindalong. Other collaborators include award winning producer, artist and songwriter, Anthony Skinner, and CCM songwriting icon, Cindy Morgan, among others.
Solveig has performed in over twenty nations, from national and international conferences held in arenas and cathedrals, to prisons, jazz-cafes and outdoor festivals. She often travels between her native Norway and North America, bringing live audiences a combination of inspiring, self-penned songs and original arrangements of traditional Scandinavian folksongs and classic hymns.
Her popularity has been further propelled over the past ten years by featured appearances on television specials and DVDs in the Billboard chart-topping Gaither Homecoming Series. A few of her most-loved Homecoming performances include her original song “Everything Has Its Season” on Women of Homecoming, Volume 1 (DVD and CD), the classic “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms” on How Great Thou Art (DVD and CD), which was filmed at The Grand Ole Opry.
In addition to her roles as an actively touring artist and songwriter, Solveig serves as a founding board member for Compassion International in the Nordic region. But first and foremost, she is a wife to Jim, a mom and a stepmom. Her family resides near Nashville, Tennessee.
▪ 1985 Askepott (Storm Production) Produced by Svein Gundersen/ Finn Pedersen,
▪ 1986 In the World (DaySpring, WORD) Duet Larry Norman. Produced by Gundersen/ Pedersen/ Cam Floria
▪ 1988 Lys i eit vindu (God Musikk) Produced by Wayne Watson/ Martin Alfsen
▪ 1988 First Step (DaySpring, WORD) Duet Wayne Watson. Produced by Wayne Watson
▪ 1993 Mi stjerne (Master Music) (Best Of)
▪ 1994 Vindens veg (Master Music) Produced by Tore W. Aas
▪ 1995 Min båt er så liten (Children’s CD/DVD) (LynorAS) Produced by Terje Kleppe
▪ 1995 The Way of the Wind (Simple Saints Music) Produced by Tore W. Aas
▪ 1996 Hvem er jungelenskonge? (Children’s CD) (LynorAS) Produced by Terje Kleppe
▪ 1998 Deilig er den himmel blå (Children’s CD/DVD) (LynorAS) Produced by Jon Kleveland
▪ 2000 Surrender (Simple Saints Music) Produced by John Lawry/ Bill Ancira
▪ 2004 Tilbe Deg (Mudi) Produced by Tore W. Aas
▪ 2006 Fagert er landet (Mudi) Produced by Stein Austrud
▪ 2006 Worship You (Authentic Records, London) Produced by Tore W. Aas
▪ 2008 Julefred (Mudi) Produced by Steve Hindalong
▪ 2009 Christmas Peace (Kingsway) Produced by Steve Hindalong
▪ 2012 Klassikere (Mudi) ("Best Of" Boxed Set)
▪ 2014 Finding Home (Apple Cake Records) Produced by Steve Hindalong
▪ 2017 Time (Apple Cake Records) Produced by Steve Hindalong
Gaither Homecoming Artist
▪ Featured original song “Everything Has Its Season” on Women of Homecoming, Volume 1 (DVD/CD) (2013).
▪ Featured song “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms” as Solveig Henderson on How Great Thou Art (DVD/CD) (2007) from Grand Ole’ Opry – Nashville, TN.
▪ Contributor to Gaither’s Homecoming Magazine since 2010.
▪ Published short stories in Gaither Homecoming Bible (Thomas Nelson Publishing, 2012), A Homecoming Christmas (2011), and Gloria Gaither’s Homecoming Cookbook (2010).
▪ Finding Home CD made available through Gaither Music’s catalogue and online store.
• Silver Telly Award and Angel Award for the music video All the Way to Heaven (Worship You, 2008)
• Gospel Music Association’s Dove Award International Artist of the Year (1986)
• Artist of the Year i Music Magazine Treff, Norway (1985)
• Three Gold Records: Min båt er så liten, Hvem er jungelens konge? (children’s CDs) and Oslo Gospel Choir’s Live!